All candidates must be licensed by the State of Michigan:
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time, or Contract
Masters (Required), Doctorate (preferred)
English (Required), Any other language (Please specify, Preferred)
Work authorization (Required)
LPC, Psych D
Full Job Description
- Conduct intake and diagnostic assessments with clients
- Establish positive and trusting relationships
- Work with clients to develop individualized treatment plans with goals and objectives
- Provide treatment and therapy contextualized to client goals & cultural background
- Continually assess client situations and provide appropriate ongoing treatment
- Provide crisis intervention as needed
- Maintain high standards of confidentiality
- Work with external partners to offer culturally and linguistically appropriate wellness sessions & psycho-educational workshops that promote overall well-being
- Collaborate effectively with other community organizations and county services to establish a continuity of counseling services
- Work with the Counseling Center Director to develop new program components such as group activities and evaluate and enhance quality of services
- Share skills, knowledge development and experience with a multi-disciplinary team
- Regularly participate in internal & external training to ensure service quality standards
- Maintain case files and notes of client progress, and complete all mandatory paperwork thoroughly, accurately, and in a timely manner
QUALIFICATIONS (Education and Experience):
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Counseling, Doctorate in Psychology or a directly related mental health field from an accredited college or university.
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Psychologist (LP).
- Possession of required state licensure appropriate to position and ability to meet privileging and credentialing guidelines.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience as a supervisor and/or manager of professional staff.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience working in a mental health setting.
- CAADC-Certified Advanced Addiction Counselor and/or CAC-Certified Addiction Counselor.
- Fluency in one of the following languages preferred: Spanish, Dari, Farsi, Pashto, Swahili, Ukrainian, and Russian
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of applicable software programs
- Ability to effectively speak, write, and understand the English language.
- Ability to speak and understand a language other than English preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Administrators, Department Heads, staff, union officials, and the public.
- Ability to conduct oneself with tact and courtesy.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Works in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone, and other office equipment as needed, to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with frequent contact with customers.
- Bends, stoops, and reaches in order to file, search for and retrieve records and documents.
- Manual dexterity and regular fine-finger and hand/wrist motions are required for operating a keyboard, writing, and filing.
- Seeing (vision), sitting, talking/speaking, or listening/hearing are regularly required.
General Requirements and/or Disclaimers
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties of personnel so classified.
- Be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Schedule: Day shift - Monday to Friday, Flexible hours
Ability to commute/relocate:
Clinton Township, MI: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal communication and active listening skills
- Ability to build rapport quickly with others, especially across cultural and linguistic divides
- Experience using trauma-informed principles and building on the strengths and resilience of clients during treatment
- Adaptability and eagerness to work in a challenging, fluid, and often changing environment
- Learning orientation and a desire to pursue training, learn new treatments, and proactively seek out information to improve therapeutic approach
- Experience facilitating therapy groups a plus
- Demonstrated ability to adapt the therapeutic approach to client’s cultural context
- Good problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint a plus
- 2+ years of clinical experience with adults strongly preferred
- Committed to the mission, vision, and values of Hope Care & Beyond Counseling
- Desire to serve and empower the Church to impact vulnerable communities
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or another relevant behavioral health field
- Licensed in the state of Michigan
- Proficiency with using telehealth platforms and moderate computer literacy & typing skills
- Authorized to work in the United States
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations
- The ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-15 pounds
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand, and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read the application information
- The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear
- General office setting
- Great lengths of time working on computer, reading from computer screen, entering information, standing at copier or fax machine, and some time on the phone or in skype meetings may be required
- Year-end archiving activities involve repeated lifting and bending
- Physical, emotional and intellectual demands
- Equipment used: Employee computer (desktop or laptop), printer, and copier
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all-inclusive and is always under review.